Stephen Hawking: humans must leave Earth, there is no other option
World-renowned astrophysicist and cosmologist Professor Stephen Hawking said at a science festival in Norway that the only way to prolong humanity’s existence is to find a new home on another planet.
Professor Stephen Hawking, at the Starmus Festival science festival in Trondheim, Norway, called for sending an astronaut againów to the moon before 2020. According to him, it is necessary to build a permanent base on the Silver Globe within 30 years and send humans to Mars before 2025.
The scientist explained that this aspiration could once again ignite the embers of the first programóin space, create new alliances and give people a sense of purpose. – The spread of humanity into space will completely change our future – said.
– Hopefully, this will unite competing nations in a single purpose to confront the coólnym challenges. The new, ambitious space program, should generate excitement among theód young people and stimulate interest in other fields of science, such as astrophysics and cosmology – he stressed.
Hawking said there is no future for our species on Earth. Either our planet will be hit again by an asteroid or eventually engulfed by our sun. He added that the subrótravel to distant worldów "will strengthen humanity".
– When we take a new step, such as. Moon landing, we give people new discoveries and new technologies. The excitement of time needs to be rekindledóin the first subróspace veins, whichóre took place in the sixties. Leaving Earth will require supportólar, global approach, to whichórego everyone should join – stated Hawking, and added that colonization of other planets is no longer just a topic for science fiction writers, but is a real need.
– If humanity is to last for millions more years, our future lies in boldly going where no one has gone before. I hope that we will succeed. It has to, because we have no other option – assessed the physicist.
– It’s time to explore other planetary systems. We are running out of space and the only place to go are other planets. Proliferation in space may be the only thing thatóra will save us. I am convinced that humans must leave Earth – admitted scientist.
The professor admitted that subróThat spacefaring is crucial to the future of humanity, for the reason that the Earth is under serious threat from climate change and diminishing resourcesóin natural. Incidentally got US President Donald Trump.
– I do not deny the importance of fighting climate change and global warming, unlike Donald Trump, whoóry made the worst decision for the whole world – assessed Hawking returning to the US rejection of the Paris climate agreement.
Hawking has been suffering from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis for years, które led to paralysis of almost his entire body. He was diagnosed with the disease at the age of 21. Doctors gave him no chance of living to his 25th birthday. He is now 75 years old. However, this does not prevent him from actively participating in the public debate on the condition of humanity.
Hawking has previously repeatedly mówished that the only salvation for humanity is the colonization of other planets. In November last year, during a lecture at Oxford University, the scientist said that humanity would not survive another 1,000 years on the planet. However, in May of this year, the researcher significantly skrócited this time mówishing that we have only 100 years to leave our planet.